GT.M on Open Solaris

Doug Scott
2007-04-04
2012-12-29
  • Doug Scott
    Doug Scott
    2007-04-04

Hello,
       Currently GT.M on Solaris (SPARC) which is closed source. I have the Open Source Linux x86 version running on Solaris Nevada (i.e. Open Solaris). After building a Centos 3.8 brandz zone, I just compiled and installed icu, and then ran the Linux version of GT.M V5.2-000. After this I was able to clone the brandz zone and setup a test database on the same machine. I would not run a bank on this setup, but it does make a nice test environment.

I am also close to porting the source of GT.M to Solaris x86 if anybody is interested.

Doug

Brandz Url: http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/brandz

• K.S. Bhaskar
      K.S. Bhaskar
      2007-04-04

Cool.  Thanks for the information, Doug.

Regards
      -- Bhaskar

• Hi,
      Did you manage to port to Solaris x86 ?
      Regards
      Luc

• Doug Scott
        Doug Scott
        2007-12-13

> Hi,
        > Did you manage to port to Solaris x86 ?
        > Regards
        > Luc

Luc,
           I now work for Fidelity as a contractor, so I stopped doing the Solaris x86 port when I signed the NDA :(
        For me to release any code I would have to get sign off within the company before I could make it public. If there is interest (especially within Fidelity), I could find out what procedures I need to follow and continue on the Solaris x86 port.

Doug

• K.S. Bhaskar
          K.S. Bhaskar
          2007-12-13

Doug --

Please contact me offline at ks dot bhaskar at fnis dot com.

Regards
          -- Bhaskar

• jw3
    jw3
    2010-01-21

I know it's been a while since this was brought up, but has anyone else picked up the development of GT.M for Solaris x86?  I'm not a programmer I'm a UNIX admin, and we are currently using GT.M on Linux, but only because we have too ^_^