Menu

RemoteFile lastModified returning wrong year

Help
2008-01-18
2013-04-19
  • Barry Demchak

Barry Demchak - 2008-01-18

Hi ... I'm using getFileDescriptors to get a list of subdirectories. For directories last modified in 2007 I'm getting dates of 2008. I can see why ... the LIST command is going to the server, and the server is returning entries like "drwxrwxrwx   2 root     root         4096 Aug 17 21:19 Aug16". Clearly, there's no year ... the RemoteFile object gives me Aug 17, 2008 instead of Aug 17, 2007. Is there something I can do about this?? Is this a server problem?? Thanks

• Javier Iglesias

Javier Iglesias - 2008-01-18

This is a bug, indeed.

I'll fix that one immediately:
      if date is in the latest 12 month, then the year doesn't appear as there is no possible (?) confusion (except for files wrongly dated in the future, of course...) which might cause a problem for files saved in the last few minutes on servers which time is ahead of the client. Anyway, everyone uses NTP nowadays... no?

Sorry for that and thanks for contacting,

--javier

• Javier Iglesias

Not to mention time zones... argh

--javier

• Barry Demchak

Barry Demchak - 2008-01-18

Well ... the user community is pretty diverse, and in some cases, getting an FTP server at all is a big achievement. So, peripheral issues like this (although very important) don't get addressed early if ever.

1.1.4 solves the year problem very nicely. I very much appreciate the quick turnaround ... I'm very happy to be using this library!

• Javier Iglesias

get finj 1.1.4

--javier