Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Cannot log in

Help
cravenc
2006-09-20
2013-04-25
  • cravenc
    cravenc
    2006-09-20

trouble logging in as 'admin' and 'password'. any thoughts? database already created, just trying to login to populate.

• Brandon Nimon
      Brandon Nimon
      2006-09-20

Check your database.
      Browse the users table.
      Be sure there is a user "admin" with a 50 character password (hash). Try entering "5433d0d48dee86b21eeb85d2773ef5a1aee89f0873wdNDC@~*" in the password field for admin (this is a salted hash of "password").
      Try logging in again.

If it still does not work, I'd suggest trying to recreate the table. Or the entire database (file list database).

Let me know if any of this fixed it.
      If not, would you be able to send me a .sql file of the database you are using?

• cravenc
      cravenc
      2006-09-20

Am I wrong in assuming the enclosed .php file is set to populate the database? The first page I come to asks for host/login/pass/db name, after 'submitting' i am brought to the login page. If i go back into my phpMyAdmin to view the contents of what should have been populated, there is nothing. No data, no tables. Is there a separate TXT based .sql dump schema I can use to populate the DB?

• Brandon Nimon
        Brandon Nimon
        2006-09-20

The very first time File Manage loads it should ask you for that information, and then create a database when you submit that form. At that point you should be able to see any errors that may have occured while logging in to your DB or while creating the database or tables. If none occure, yet there is no filelist (or whatever you specify it to be) database or no tables, it seems there may be some sort of permissions issue. I would not know how to resolve that.

I can create an SQL file. Give me a sec, I will re-post with that.