Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Current status

Vacon
2007-06-18
2013-04-18
  • Vacon
    Vacon
    2007-06-18

Hello everyone,

since I have _no_ experience with TotalCommander, I have no experience with the related plugins. But...
    I just wanted to give some kind of feedback about the current status of FileCommander and which plugins work for me (that doesn't mean others do not work, maybe I have only missed the way to make them work...)
    - TotalSQX -> works (at least show content and unpack tested)
    - TotalISO -> works (at least show content and unpack tested)
    - 7zip     -> works (at least show content and unpack tested)
    - msi-plugin -> works (at least show content and unpack tested)
    - OOoViewer -> doesn't work (problem with configuration?)
    - ShellDetails -> doesn't work (problem with configuration?)
    - Imagine -> doesn't work (problem with configuration?)
    - InstExlorer -> doesn't work (problem with configuration?)
    Just to give you a hint where you are and where the journey goes ;-)

Good work so far!!!
    Thank you for dealing with the bug-report I gave yesterday so fast!

Best regards!

• Vacon
      Vacon
      2007-06-18

Hello everyone,

Update:
      ShellDetails does work (hadn't found it until now...)

Best regards!

• Isshou
      Isshou
      2007-06-19

Thanks :-) . And can you put please next time links to these plugins? I don't use any packer plugins (but I will probaly use 7-Zip because seems good) so I don't test it very much. I will take a look of course.
      And about the bug - I will make some fixes when I have some time and put "fixed" relase here, I expect it in about two weeks (yes, it's nice weather outside ;-) ).

• Vacon
      Vacon
      2007-06-19

Hello everyone,

sorry! Next time I will give links directly!
      To give you a clue -> they can be reached through:
      http://www.totalcmd.net/
      either on news-section or through frame on the right side.

Best regards!

• Isshou
      Isshou
      2007-06-21

I took a look on these plugins and...
      OOoViewer (lister) - I can't test because I have no Open Office document :) , will test later
      ShellDetails (content) - fixed (see bug 1739259 resolution)
      Imagine (lister) - I tried versions 1.0.0.0 beta 4, 0.9.7.0 and some older 0.6.x.y and they all works for me
      Imagine (content) - just now I remember there was some content plugin in that archive too, I will try it, maybe there was same bug as with ShellDetails
      InstExplorer (packer) - fixed (same problem as with ShellDetails)

In current release (0.0.0.2 rev 375) there is also problem with lister plugins - I tried new Imagine and find out that there is toolbar but it's not visible. It's fixed now too. Fixed version will be release in few weeks I hope.

• Vacon
      Vacon
      2007-06-21

Hello everyone,

Great!
      It's quite a good feeling to see you improving FileCommander.
      Thank you for dealing with my feedbacks, allthough they are not everytime *good*.
      But they are not meant unfriendly!

Best regards!

• Vacon
      Vacon
      2007-06-22

Hello everyone,

<quote> OOoViewer (lister) - I can't test because I have no Open Office document :) </quote>

Do you want to have one? ;-)
      Since OpenOffice.oeg was the very first project I joined on the internet (german part) I think there should be no problem to find one or the other file on my HD... :-)

Best regards!

• Isshou
      Isshou
      2007-06-22

Don't be afraid, I know it's not meant unfriendly :-) . And... ok, send me some OpenOffice document by email if you can, I will check it. Thanks.

• Vacon
      Vacon
      2007-06-24

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry, but I cannot manage to sent you files trough your adress at sourceforge.
      So the only way could be to attach some under patches/bugs or
      point you to
      http://documentation.openoffice.org/source/browse/documentation/www/setup_guide2/2.x/en/
      where you can find some .odt-files

BTW: Thank you for fixing the problem with "/" instead of "\&quot; in revision 346.

Best regards!

• Isshou
      Isshou
      2007-06-25

I made some fixes and I expect to release next version at the end of this week, hopefully :) .

• Isshou
      Isshou
      2007-06-25

And thanks for the OpenOffice documents link, I will test the plugin. And the Imagine content plugin, I forgot :-) .