Project activity

Daniel
2010-06-21
2013-02-27
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Steven Aus
    Steven Aus
    2011-12-02

Hi afletdinov, how are you going? Just wondering, the last week the fheroes2
    activity feed has been pretty quiet. =)

• Justin
    Justin
    2011-12-09

As it is you cannot play the campaigns, however, i did a little experimenting
    and you can change the extension on the campaign map files allowing you to
    play them in the normal scenario mode. However, as it is, the Ai just twiddles
    its thumbs and bides its time, ignoring the player, so its not particularly
    engaging. Don't know if this has been posted before, didn't find anything on
    the search. Should i make a thread about it?

The process is pretty simple, go to the maps folder where you have copied HOMM
    2's maps.

1: Right click a campaign map, marked as HXC (expansion campaigns) or H2C
    (Standard campaigns) and
    2: select rename,
    3: change the ending(HXC/H2C) to .MX2 (i haven't tested mp2)

They will then be available, with relativly predictable working title names
    (ex: evil 1) in the scenario selection tab.

Like i mentioned above, they do not have all of the campaign functionality and
    the ai does not provide any significant challenge.

• sssSCH
    sssSCH
    2011-12-12

Thank you for your post geir389!
    As the Maps are the same it shouldn't be too hard to support a campaign mode.
    Actually I don't know if there are other problems with it or what the reasons
    are that it isn't implemented yet. If the problem is with the screens and
    videos between the maps it would also be an option to create a new format for
    it so users could create new campaigns.

About the extentions:
    H2C and MP2 are the extentions for the original maps. HXC and MX2 are
    extention maps/campaigns. I think you can use the MP2 extentions for every map
    where there are no extention features used.

• Steven Aus
    Steven Aus
    2011-12-12

Well, the AI is not really aggressive enough for the campaigns to be very
    difficult with the current AI. But yes, it would be good to be able to create
    our own campaigns, which at least for the early to middle term can be
    constructed with the AI in mind.

• Justin
    Justin
    2011-12-12

MP2 as far as i know, works fine with the original campaign. But MX2 works for
    both the original and the expansion. But obviously if you are using just the
    default version of Heroes 2, without the expansion, you should use MP2.

Ai is still the issue though, i tested the campaign, and the ai just walked in
    circles, while i walked past and captured the town.

• Steven Aus
    Steven Aus
    2013-02-25

Hi afletdinov! I'm back after a long hiatus. Are you getting ready to do that updated editor, support for much bigger maps and even a campaign editor? I would really like to test things out when the fheroes2 editor support is functioning! As it is now fheroes2 works on 64-bit Windows 7, but the original game and original game editor only work on 32-bit Windows 7.

So, what are your plans for the near future?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
    Steven.

• SandySandy
      SandySandy
      2013-02-26

Hi!
      I now want to make an editor. with all the features that we discussed.

• Nikola
    Nikola
    2013-02-25

Do you have a H2 map format description, by any chance? And could you please tell me if it's possible to extract files from the AGG archives or some others, if there are any?

Also, what is your aim with fheroes2? What is its purpose? It was never mentioned why were you making it or what is going to be implemented?

My favorite implementation in your project is the battle only mode. Is it possible that you later make more possibilities for battles? For example, different terrains, castle sieges, etc.

• SandySandy
      SandySandy
      2013-02-26

Hi Hikola. Yes, I know the format of the map by 98%. What exactly you are interested in?
      In more detail, it will all be in the project editor. About AGG archives, have ready tools:
      extractor - expand all files from agg.
      82m2wav - convert 82m to wav file.
      til2img - expand sprites from til file.
      icn2img - expand sprites from icn file.
      xmi2mid - xmi to midi convertor.

• Nikola
        Nikola
        2013-02-26

There was a project before to make a program that can convert maps from H2 to H3. It failed because the H2 map format was unknown.
        What is the project editor? You mean the game editor? Also, will it be in the same .exe as fheroes2? Because maybe I can't load it then.
        How are those tools used? I know about them, but I'm not sure how to use them.
        Also, did you hear of the VCMI project? I guess you did, it's almost the same as yours.

Last edit: Nikola 2013-02-26
  • Steven Aus
    Steven Aus
    2013-02-27

afletdinov, have you been able to set up AI for the wait (soft pause) function as of the present time?

Last edit: Steven Aus 2013-03-01
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)