Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Installing on Windows XP

Help
Xavier
2006-11-22
2013-05-08
  • Xavier
    Xavier
    2006-11-22

When I try to instal this on XP, I get some errors... and then when I try to search for an airport during the tutorial, nothing happens. Do I have to instal it in some special way on XP? Thanks!

• No there should be nothing to do specially for XP.  Have you got flightgear installed or the flightgear data downloaded.

What errors are you getting?

You need a recent version of the flightgear airport and navagation data.  Unfortunately the format of the flightgear airport and navigation data has changed a lot from release to release and old versions do not work with the Flightgear Flight Planner.

• Xavier
      Xavier
      2006-11-27

I have v9.10 of Flight Gear and  installed, the newest version of Flight Planner, and flightgear data 1.1.3 downloaded and extracted.

I still get this error message:

"java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\FlightGear\Naviads\nav.dat.gz (The system cannot find the path specified)"

• Xavier
      Xavier
      2007-01-25

Alright, the prgram loads fine and everything. It even detects the data now (I think, as it loads without the error messade). However, when I type in an airport, like "Sydney" and click search or enter, nothing happens.