Vladimir - 2013-08-19

Hello!
I'm not sure, whether it is FFDShow problem, actually, i think, i'm doing something wrong.
I'm currently working on DirectShow RTSP source filter, and now i can successfully connect to the video streaming source, acquire stream parameters, provide h.264 frames upstream (already assembled as AVC1 coded frames).

For test purposes i use the following graph:
MyRTSPSourceFilter -> Analyzer Filter -> FFDShow Video decoder -> Enhanced Video Renderer

Often rendered image contains artifacts, like squares, the result of losing frames.
Enhanced video renderer shows, that framerate is 1-2 fps below actual stream framerate.
Also, my source filter output pin gets notifications via IQualityControl::Notify method, stating, that decoder faces "Flood" state, so i assume, that it is unable to process frames with that speed.

My stream source is IP-camera in local network, so there is vary small chance of packet losses. I tried different video resolutions and framerates, and also tried swithcing to different h.264 profiles, but the result was the same.

I'm looking for some advice:
Could be video artifacts and Flood state connected? How should source filter react on Flood or Famine state in that case?