Any luck cloning and adding docs successfully?
I have been struggling with this for close to a week now and am making no progress.
I have re-install fez/fedora using the most recent version of fez from the mercurial repo and using fedora 3.5. If I use the default doc types I have no problem adding documents, but once I clone a document type I am unable to create new documents using this new type.
Here is the process I am using to clone the document (I believe this worked on a version of fez from a month or two ago):
· Taking Books as an example export the 3 XSDs (Fedora Object XML -> Book MODS 1.0, MODS -> Book MODS 1.0, OAI DC -> Book MODS DC Display).
o I export these as one file via the import/export tool
· I then update the xdis_title values prefixing them with “My” e.g. “My Book”, “My Book MODS” and “My Book MODS DC Display”.
· I also clear all xsdmf_id values. E.g. xsdmf_id=””
· I then re-import the update xsd file
· Associate the different doc types
o FOXML -> Edit Displays -> My Book -> Edit
· update the XSDMF ID Reference to point to the new My Book MODS Version 1.0
· Select (Title)!titleInfo!title
· Save “Value”
· For the DC datastream set the XSD Display to My Books MODS DC Display
· For the MODS datastream set the XSD Display to My Books MODS
· Then edit the OAI DC
o OAI DC -> Edit Displays -> My Book MODS DC Display -> Edit
· Update XSDMF ID Reference to point to “My Book MODS”
· Select “Value”
From all the guides and tutorials these seem to be the steps to take to clone and then re-associate doc types. If I am missing any steps or if I am doing some of them wrong I would really appreciate some help.
At this point this is becoming a bit of a problem for us and I would really like to get past this. Alternatively if there is a particular version of Fez known to work I could install and work with that.
Thanks in advance,