Fez 1.3 and fedora 2.2

Help
a7corsair
2007-05-25
2012-10-29
  • a7corsair
    a7corsair
    2007-05-25

Hello out there! I know that fedora 2.2 is not supported by fez 1.3. However, I have tried some things and still I cannot make things work.

1) Using fez1.3 and fedora 2.2, I have changed a little bit the code of fez1.3 (actually replaced mgmt with management is some files) and the problem now is the following. i am trying to add a new community, evetyrhing seems to be ok, I can also see the community in the fedora server using the fedora client but fez does not show anything! Any help??

2) I downloaded the svn version of Fez that supports fedora 2.2. But now when I am trying to create a new community, I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setTemplateVars() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\fezsvn\workflow\enter_metadata.php on line 81

Any help?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards!

Konstantinos Stamatis

• Matthew Smith
      Matthew Smith
      2007-05-25

Hi Konstantinos

Just use the Fez 1.3 release code but replace fedora_api.php with fedora_api_2_2.php from the svn repository. The svn copy of Fez will require DB changes which can be run from the /upgrade/ dir but I'm not sure if you want to really update everything to the largely un-tested
      svn trunk.

Matt

• a7corsair
      a7corsair
      2007-05-25

Actually, I managed to create a collection!
      I clicked the community and there I found a button to create a new fedora collection display.
      If I click the create link form my_fez.php page, I have the problem mentioned in the previous post!

Anyway, I guess I have to play a little bit with the application!!

Thanks a lot!
      Regards,

Konstantinos Stamatis

• a7corsair
      a7corsair
      2007-05-25

Thank you very luch Matt. It works now, with fez1.3 and fedora_api_2.2. Actually, I can create a community and I can see it!
      If I am not bothering you with another question, I would be glad to ask you something:
      I am creating a community and now I am trying to create a collection. There is a drop down list for collection type but the list has no items! Thus, I cannot create the collection. This means that there is a bug or I have somehow to create collection types in order to see them in the list! How can I do that?

Thanks again!

Regards!

Konstantinos Stamatis