Menu

Cannot create Collection Using Fez 2.1 RC3

Help
2009-03-14
2012-10-29
  • Yinlin Chen

Yinlin Chen - 2009-03-14

Hi,

I installed Fez 2.1 RC3 with Fedora 2.2.4.
    After I pass all the check in Sanity Check.

I try to create a new collection but failed.
    I select the community which I created and select the Collection Type Fedora collection Display. Then when I click "Enter Metadata" it shows:

The system is currently setup to only allow administrators to create objects without any communities/collections. Please go back and choose a community and collection.

Is there anyone know how to solve it? Thanks!

• Tomislav Jakopec

I found this solution
      In file $FEZ/workflow/enter_metadata.php na on line 66 replace
      //CK commented this out as it is not needed in a entermetadata form anymore
      $tpl->assign("pid", $pid);
      if (empty($wfstatus->parent_pid)) {
      echo "The system is currently setup to only allow administrators to create objects without any communities/collections. Please go back and choose a community and collection.";
      exit;
      }

with this (something comment something uncomment :))

//CK commented this out as it is not needed in a entermetadata form anymore
      $tpl->assign("pid", $pid);
      //if (empty($wfstatus->parent_pid)) {
      // echo "The system is currently setup to only allow administrators to create objects without any communities/collections. Please go back and choose a community and collection.";
      // exit;
      //}

Hope this help

• Yinlin Chen

Yinlin Chen - 2009-03-14

And I use the administrator account (admin) to create collection. That page's information make no sense to me.

"The system is currently setup to only allow administrators to create objects without any communities/collections. Please go back and choose a community and collection. "

Any suggestion is appreciated.....

• user

user - 2010-04-01

Anyone found a solution yet. tjakopec, commenting the code above lets you
    create a new collection but unable to view it !!

Much appreciated