fbpanel port to gtk2 is ready.. the port is based on phako's patch
with fixed CPU usage (it use only 2-4%)
here is quote from CHANGELOG
* system tray (aka notification area) support
* NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL and NET_WM_STRUT were implmented
* taskbar update icon image on every icon change
* official version bump :-)
* porting to GTK2+. port is based on phako's patch
"[ 678749 ] make it compile and work with gtk2"
You can get the code throu CVS.
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/fbpanel login
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/fbpanel checkout fbpanel
P.S. bug reports and suggestion are welcome
On Monday 22 March 2004 20:50, Jens Georg wrote:
> I'd still like to know where this CPU usage came from...
the gtk1.2 code used eventboxes to ensure that separators (as being windowless
widgets) are always redrawn. that code put gtk_redraw function as handler for
in gtk2 this caused endless redraw of separators that resulted in 100% CPU
btw I found this by running empty panel and adding plugins one by one.
> Jens (phako)