Menu

Status of project?

2001-01-27
2003-09-05
  • Brian Watters

Brian Watters - 2001-01-27

Hello all,

Can someone bring my up to speed on this project .. is it still being developed? .. seems not much is happening here .. it looks promissing but sure do not want to get involved if this is a dead end .. some insight would be great!

• Peter Harris

Peter Harris - 2001-01-29

Yes, still in testing here at JBB, and I have a list of enhancements e.g. adding the sort of reports my boss wants.

It actually works already, and there is no question of us going back to a proprietary helpdesk system, so it's not going to be a dead end any time soon :)

I was going to wait for beta testing to finish here and make a 1.2 release, but I'll release 1.2beta2 if there's interest in it.

• Brian Watters

Brian Watters - 2001-01-29

Have you found that there is no interest in this project? .. we at this time would very much like to see the next release!

• Peter Harris

Peter Harris - 2001-01-31

OK, 1.2beta2 is out. Get it while it's hot.

The ability to change a request's category is the main improvement, but also the "count by property" report could be useful.

Other improvements on my list can wait until I've written a bit more documentation :-)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Scav,

it seems the project has been stagnant for almost the last year!

How are things?  Have you dropped the project completely?

I hope not.

Sincerely,
      paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,
      I am actually installing f2w with an oracle DB.
      Whats going on with this project, i have a demo to do to my boss next week!

And I really like to know if the project is still running!
      and if we can still receive some help about f2w

Sincerely,
      Nicolas

• Peter Harris

Peter Harris - 2003-09-03

Hi all,

The project is alive, but I've been doing other things. I make a point of responding to bug reports and requests for help, but there haven't been many lately (unless I've been missing e-mails).

So, yes support is available. Paid support will be available soon, and probably I'll have a bit more time to work on it, since I'm leaving my current employer next month :-/

scav

• nicolas

nicolas - 2003-09-04

Hi again!
      Im glad to heard good news about the project!

As told you already, Im working on a OracleDB and I meet some troubles with some sql statements.

Z SQL Method /f2w/operator/admin/category/sel_c_children
      dco2.DatabaseError: (936, 'ORA-00936: Expression absente') 

select c_cat as cat, c_name, c_advice, c_usual_pri from category where
        c_cat like ('1' || '_%') and
        (select max(c_cat) from category parents where category.c_cat like (parents.c_cat || '_%')) =
         '1'
      order by cat

I don't know exactly what is going on!
      Maybe you have an idea?

Nicolas

• Peter Harris

Peter Harris - 2003-09-05

I don't know for sure, but there are a couple of things to try.

First of all, did you do "Configure SQL for Oracle" in /f2w/operator/admin/config ?

Next - you didn't delete the 'Uncategorised' category did you? Not a good idea. The screen you are using does kind of depend on there being a top-level category that all the others are sub-categories of. It may be your policy not to use it, but believe me it is needed.

The reason I ask is: you seem to have a category code '1'.
        In postgresql the top level category code would be an empty string. In Oracle I think there are problems with empty strings being treated like nulls (or something) so the 'uncategorised' category has code '.' and all category codes begin with '.'.

If all else fails, comment out the subselect for now, and just use:

select c_cat as cat, c_name, c_advice, c_usual_pri from category where c_cat like ('1' || '_%')

That might do, especially if you are using a flat list of categories instead of a hierarchy.