I just created the maps and SQL scripts to use ezContent with MySQL. As expected, it was easy. Now to switch between PostgreSQL and MySQL, all you need is to change three segments in applicationContext.xml (two of those segments are one-liners).
For the moment, this is only available via CVS, but I hope to have a binary release ready soon.
I just uploaded the files for the first release, version 0.2. The backend app is not ready for release yet, so I'm only releasing the API and its default implementation for now, along with the SQL scripts for PostgreSQL. I hope to have a working backend soon, though.
I have successfully tested the implementation of several ezcontent interfaces that I wrote using Hibernate. The auth implementation (along with its DAO) works OK. On the document package implementation, I've tested Subject and Document, as well as the relationships that Document has to other entities, and it seems OK. I'm working on the backend application so that it will be easier to register data in these entities and check that the relationships and validations work fine.