Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

How can I get write access?

Help
2007-10-07
2013-05-02
  • Heya,
    I'm wonderig how I can switch from R/O to R/W?
    I'm sorry for that silly question, but I have searched the wohle Forum and just found some commands and that it is possible to un/check some boxes, which I cannot find.

Probably it is really a noobish question but hopefully someone can help me with that!

Many regards and thanks alot for this driver!
    Ben

• Question is not silly. I've installed Ext2FSManager in my hackintosh. I can read all my ext3 partitions but no write.

How can I enable it?

• Read/Write worked perfectly fine on Tiger 10.4.10, but is no longer working on Leopard 10.5

• hm ok but how exacly can I enable write access?

• Hi I think you will find what you are searching for in the system settings!
      There should be listed the driver manager...
      I hope this helps you!

• Thomas Tanner
      Thomas Tanner
      2007-12-20

if your filesystem has the dir_index flag enabled (modern Linux distros enable it)
      you'll probably find the following message in your system.log:
      ext2fs: dir_index feature detected - write support disabled

use tune2fs -O ^dir_index /dev/disk... (whatever your _currently unmounted_ disk is)
      to disable it.

•  barokt
      barokt
      2009-01-05

I am not understand that answer, please more specific explanation, i have 10.5.6 Leopard and i have the Read Only access, i want to write something in my EXT2 HDD is it possible or not?
      Thanks for the driver. But please help me for this situation please...

• Valentin
        Valentin
        2009-05-16

tan's answer from 12/2007 is correct.