Ext2Fsd
MacDschie
2010-03-30
2013-04-09
  • MacDschie
    MacDschie
    2010-03-30

Hi there,

I want to access an USB stick which is partitioned with one primary and one extended partition (both have partition type 83 (Linux) and are formatted with ext2), accessible on linux systems with /dev/sdX1 and /dev/sdX5. The primary partition works fine, but the secondary not. The properties page of the Volume Manager says, partition one is online, but the Status field contains the text "Stopped" when selecting partition 2 and accessing a mount point seems to work but the chosen drive letter is not accessible in Windows explorer (double-clicking the drive letter icon leads to a message box: "X:\ refers to a location that is unavailable"). Is there any means to change this to "Online" and accessing a mount point?

I guess this is a Windows problem which is independend from the used file system (I was unable to access a similar constellation formatted with FAT32 or NTFS), but maybe anyone here knows a solution. Thx in advance…

• Anthony Blond
    Anthony Blond
    2012-01-31

Responding to an old post I know, but I am having the same problem here in the future of 2012!