Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Code 38

Ext2Fsd
Anton Krug
2011-07-10
2013-04-09
  • Anton Krug
    Anton Krug
    2011-07-10

I have Windows 7 64bit, eset NOD, Spyshelter, SuperSpyware, MalwareBytes running.

And after running ext2mng I'm getting "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)" when I remove and insert SD card to my computer.

I tried to change some setting in ext2mng, but I doesn't work. When ext2 is not turned on I don't have any problems, when it truned on I got code 32 error. I tried to disable the anispyware sw and antivirus, but it looks like it's related with ext2mng. I strange because it started happen a month ago, till then I had NOD and ext2 runing ok for a about year, then 6 months ago I had trial versions of the antispyware softwares runing like it's now and no problems. And then I bought the full version (month ago) and around the same time I begun having problems with SD cards. So I started disabling the antispyware and antivirus one by one, and every restart it behaved the same, just when I disabled ext2 mng it began to work. Then I enabled everything expect the ext2mng, still working and just after enabling ext2mng in the startup (or running it manually) it give me code 38 error in the device manager.

Any thought or opinions how I could solve or fix this issue will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Anton.

• Matt Wu
    Matt Wu
    2011-07-11

>> And then I bought the full version (month ago) and around the same time I begun having problems with SD cards.

Which software do you mean, ESET NOD, SuperSpyware ?

The second question: with Ext2Mgr disabled (don't start with Windows), you won't have any issues with SD cards, as you said. So have you tried to start Ext2Mgr after the SD cards are correctly mounted ?  Could Ext2Mgr work then ?