Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Ext2Fsd & eMule => PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_ARE

Ext2Fsd
Axel Maier
2007-05-01
2013-04-09
  • Axel Maier
    Axel Maier
    2007-05-01

Hello

I have experience problems in using the Ext2 File System Driver for Windows XP and eMule 0.47c. I get often a blue screen, which describes an error called PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA in the file Ext2Fsd.sys. My eMule cache, download and upload directory are located in an Ext3 volume mounted by Ext2Fsd.

Bye
    Nameless

• Matt Wu
      Matt Wu
      2007-12-05

I tested v0.31/a before but didn't do long-time tests. I'll test version 0.35 as long as poosible. Now it's working well with eMule 0.48a for days, you can see the screenshot here:

https://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=43775&ssid=72721

• Hello,

I'm running a fresh install of WinXP x64 and got installed the Ext2 File System Driver to access my ext3 partition on my work hard drive. The volume mounts without problem, but after i access it for a while i get a blue screen and the same error above is displayed.

I thought it might be worked out at the update 1, but i can't figure how to apply that update.

Thanks!
      GTL

• Matt Wu
      Matt Wu
      2007-12-10

hi GTL,

Would you like to provide more information of your system and the BSOD, like xp/vista, x86/x64, and how big of your ext2/ext3 volume, what antivirus softwares ?

Do you have any comments to reproduce the bug ? Could you configure system to dump the kernel memory in case of BOSD: Right click on "My Computer" and select Properties, then advanced and change the configuration of "Startup and recovery ..." It's would be better dump a "Complete kernel memory".

Check your mailbox please. I just sent you a mail of how to upload it to my local server.

Matt Wu

• Matt Wu
      Matt Wu
      2007-12-11

0.35 has problem with symlinks linking to another symlinks or symlink redirecting to itself. The bug has been fixed and soon I will release 0.36. - Matt