Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Permission

Ext2Fsd
Anonymous
2011-02-12
2015-05-04

• Anonymous
    2011-02-12

Running 0.50 in Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.
    I can browse the mounted Ext3 partition but if I try to delete a file I receive an error which states that "to modify the file permission from Everyone is needed".
    I've already checked and the partition is not mounted as read-only.
    What should I do? Thanks

• Omid
      Omid
      2013-07-15

Did you solve it?

• Anonymous
    2011-02-12

Actually the above error comes when trying to delete a directory.
    When deleting a file the error says that "the file is already in use", which is obviously not true.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!!

• Sebastian
    Sebastian
    2011-02-14

I'm having the same problem. Tried reinstalling, checked that the option to mount read only is not set, checked logs. Nothing.
    any tips on where to look would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

• Matt Wu
    Matt Wu
    2011-02-15

1, How did you do trying to delete a directory, with Windows explorer or cmd shell ?
    2, Are there any hidden files inside the directory ? Have you made Ext2Fsd to hide all '." files ?
    3, If the directory or any files inside it have extents, Ext2Fsd could delete it.
    4, You can use "procexp.exe" from sysinternals.com to list all used files: search handles to make sure there's no outstanding reference on ext3 volumes
    5, better do a e2fsck (-f) check in Linux to make sure the volume content is valid.

• Anonymous
    2011-02-16

Sorry for the delay, I did not receive the warning about the received replies.

1) Windows Explorer
    2) No. No.
    3) I did not understand what you meant in this point
    4) I will, but the files were not used by anything. In my case, I was trying to delete a directory full of video files that have not been opened by any program.
    5) I will do this too, but the volume is working perfectly and it does not show any sign of degradation.

Thanks for your help.

• Sebastian
    Sebastian
    2011-02-16

Same situation AFAIK.
    1) Windows Explorer
    2) No. No.
    3) Probably as it was not formatted with the no-extent option. Also having the same problem with an ext4.
    4) Done that, not used by any process.
    5) Done. No problem found.

I did some more tests. First, everytime I boot I have to manually deactivate the option for read-only.
    second, If I create a folder or file, I can remove it without a problem. Same goes with a file.
    This might probably be related to the extent situation you mentioned.

• Anonymous
    2012-01-15

Bump

I have the same problem in 0.51. Is there any way to solve this problem?

• Omid
    Omid
    2013-07-15

SAME Problem HERE!

• Haplo
    Haplo
    2014-10-04

I'm having this same issue. Does anyone at least have a workaround?

• .rhavin
    .rhavin
    2015-01-16

Is this tool still under developement or is it orphaned? because i have the same issue here and the issue seems to be unsolved since 4 years.

Win7/32

• Jeroen Bollen
    Jeroen Bollen
    2015-05-04

I have the same issue.

• When deleting a file, it says the file is already in use.
    • When deleting a directory, it says I need permissions from 'everyone'.

Could anyone please help me out with this one?