Maintenance / Contribs

Developers
2010-06-10
2013-04-15
  • Mike Dawson
    Mike Dawson
    2010-06-10

At the moment I see quite an issue of a fair few different contributions here but it seems like the current maintainers are somewhat overwhelmed to be doing patch review etc.

The thing at the moment is that eXe learning is becoming critical for OLPC Afghanistan and I would hope for others as well (might want to see tinygames.org).

What would be the criteria to become a maintainer here? 

Sugarlabs (the ones that host the sugar learning environment, Karma and others) have offered infrastructure for eXe.  I could then fork the code and start taking patches against that.

We are going to be developing still more idevices (literacy drill materials, improving the games contributed, word searches, etc) and creating a mechanism for feeding scores and performance info from offline material back to a moodle profile…

Regards,

-Mike

• Jim Tittsler
    Jim Tittsler
    2010-06-10

Well, like in most open source projects, contributing some patches back to the project is a good way to get started.  But they need to be small enough that the rest of the project can review them.  And if the direction is going in way the community appreciates, then additional contributors are welcomed into the fold.

• Mike Dawson
    Mike Dawson
    2010-06-10

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.  How would you like the patch?  Put through by mail or SVN?  Of course it being an open source project I want to make the work done available.

How small is small?  I haven't changed the core much but have written quite a lot of code for additional idevices. 

Regards,

-Mike