Navigation

Rob
2004-01-24
2004-01-26
  • Rob
    Rob
    2004-01-24

I posted a question regarding craftin in another thread this is an update and another question.  I got the following things to work perfectly.  The auto buyer the auto seller and the basic macro utility.  I wrote my own .nod file to run from the table in aegirhamn to the merchant Gauk nearby.  Once the macro makes all of the gems it turns to navigate to the merchant node but no matter what coordinates I put in it always runs to the nw.  I thought perhaps the region code was wrong so I tried several for aegorhamn and the result was always the same.  he turns and runs off the the nw. 

It almost seems like it is using the navigation in the jord.nod file but I removed it from the daocskill folder and even named my .nod file jord.nod in hopes this would make some difference.  It didnt.  This is an excellent utility and if I can just get past this little snag it would be great. 

Please help.

Rob :)

• Thomas Paine
      Thomas Paine
      2004-01-24

Sounds like he's running towards low numbers.  Did you put zone coordinates or global coordinates in your node file?  Did you use the telnet interface to create the nodes?  That would eliminate any region guessing as well as prevent confusion regarding local vs zone coords.

• Rob
      Rob
      2004-01-26

I put the coordinates in using the format in your example.  they are the coordinates given to me by the skilla map as wella s the ones i see when i do a /loc.  Are these the correct ones or am I mistaken?  It seemed alot easier to do it this way rather than use telnet.  Do I have to use telnet?  And is there a list of all the zone codes?  Im guessing aegirham is 151.

Also I used several differnet zone codes and he always seemd to try and navigate the same place.  I tried it once in jorheim thinking it might just work as intended there but it didnt even fire off thr navigation prpcedure in there.  Im not sure why.

My assumption was that the crafter would run back and autobut the mats again and then run back to the table.  I saw on another post that this was not a design feature in skilla.  Even so tho I can still get what i want by using skilla to navigate and using say macro express to click on the merchant after a reasonable time has passed.

• Thomas Paine
        Thomas Paine
        2004-01-26

No you need to use the global coordinates, not the /loc or ones displayed on the map.  mapinfo.txt contains all the zone codes, but I think you want the region number, not the zone number.  Global coordinates are given by setting a ground target, or adding the zone offset to your loc.

Also, daocskilla now somewhat supports doing everything automatically as of version 1.78.

• Rob
      Rob
      2004-01-26

so if im standing next to the table or the merchant,  what exactly do I need to do in order to get the coordinates I need?  Select a ground target and use that??

Also I thought that first number ie, 101 in your jord.nod example was the zone code.  Please correct me if im wrong.

So if its automatic then if i get my guy to navigate back to the merchant he shoudl sell, re-buy then head back to table and keep crafting now?

• Thomas Paine
        Thomas Paine
        2004-01-26

1) Yes
        2) The docs say "region" and I'm inclined to belive them.
        3) Yes

• Rob
      Rob
      2004-01-26

Ok well those are the number I am using.  And they are same coordinates I get from /loc and from the skilla map.  It also doesnt seem to matter what region code or coordinates i put in the nod file he runs nw every time lol.  I even can bring up the nodes on the nod nav map interface and it looks right, just a straight line from the merchant in aegirhamn to the table just a few clicks away.  is there anythign else I can be doing wrong?

• Thomas Paine
        Thomas Paine
        2004-01-26

Oops well maybe they changed how the ground target prints out now.  It used to print global coordinates, but if the ones it prints match the /loc then those aren't right.  Just use the damn telnet interface and be done with it.

• Rob
      Rob
      2004-01-26

Ok I just double checked and im wrong about the ground target numbers.  They are different than the ones from /loc.  I'm sorry im obviously retarded.  I'm gonna try that as soon as I get home.  for some reason the spellcrafting recipe list doesnt load into the powerskill buy window for me here at work tho it does fine at home.  I'm sure its something im doing wrong.

Btw thanks a ton for all the help you answer my questions minutes after i post them :)

• Rob
      Rob
      2004-01-26

Ok I fixed the naviagtion problem.  he now goes back and forth from node to node just like I want.  The problem now is sometimes it isnt selecting the right gem for me to use, and when it does it only will put the gem on the qbar the first time.  After that it simply doesnt line up anymore.  I can see it scroll down and select the right class of gems but then it just doesnt grab the gem to put it in the bar.  It sort of misses it.

I was very careful to not move any windows when i log in.  Also Im running 1024X768 resolution on camelot and in windows.  Ive also tried this in 800X600 with the same results.  Im running in si, housing and classic interface.  Should I try running all classic mode?  or shoudl I try full screen?