From: Kevin Corry <kevcorry@us...> - 2005-12-08 03:33:06
The EVMS team is announcing the 2.5.4 release of the Enterprise Volume
Management System. This is the fourth maintenance release in the EVMS 2.5.x
series, and is primarily intended to fix some recent bug-reports, as well as
to update to the most recent kernel and Device-Mapper releases. The source
code package and sample init-ramdisk image for 2.5.4 are now available for
download at the project web site:
EVMS 2.5.4 is supported on recent 2.6 and 2.4.22 through 2.4.31 kernels.
Please see the INSTALL and README files in the 2.5.4 package for installation
instructions and other notes. I mean it. Really. There are important notes
about the new changes that you need to read if you're going to use them.
If you have any questions, find any bugs, or simply want to report success
stories, please send email to the EVMS mailing list (evms-devel@...)
or visit the EVMS IRC channel (irc.freenode.net, #evms).
- Update EVMS to be compatible with Linux-HA version 1 or 2. See README
for more details.
- Bug fixes
- Don't display the "unmount" command when selecting a swap volume, since
unmount doesn't work for swap volumes.
- Fix segfault when passing a NULL "parms" argument to
- Cancel the shutdown thread when the engine is closed to prevent extra
threads from lying around when using the CLI's "probe" command.
- Fix for the "new" dm-multipath table format when using dm-multipath
devices with a hardware-specific handler.
- DOS Plugin
- Fix typo in compaq segment naming.
- Fix segfault when trying to select an unselectable plugin task.
- Fixes to auto-screen-width output code.
- Fix infinite-loop when specifying a numerical debug-level on the
- Minor improvements
- Merge overlapping kill-sector requests.
- Move plugin names and IDs to a common header file.
- Display a warning message if we discover an in-progress replace
- Disk Plugin
- Add an "ignore_sysfs" configuration option to force the plugin to
ignore the devices in sysfs and fall-back to the "legacy" devices.
- Try HDIO_GETGEO ioctl before HDIO_GETGEO_BIG ioctl, since the _BIG
version is now deprecated.
- Improved geometry calculations based on code from fdisk.
- Add support for doing Software-Suspend-2 with swap on an EVMS volume.
- Add kernel command-line options for forcing the linuxrc script to drop
to a shell before and/or after running evms_activate.
From: Kevin Corry <kevcorry@us...> - 2005-12-08 04:58:29
On Wed December 7 2005 9:32 pm, Kevin Corry wrote:
> The EVMS team is announcing the 2.5.4 release of the Enterprise Volume
> Management System.
In addition to the 2.5.4 release, there is an extra patch available to enable
creating degraded RAID-1 and RAID-5 regions. This new code wasn't finished in
time to make the build for evms-2.5.4, but I've made the patch available in
the "extra patches" section on the EVMS website for anyone who would like to