From: Kevin Corry <kevcorry@us...> - 2005-01-21 18:05:15
The EVMS team is announcing the 2.5.1 release of the Enterprise Volume
Management System. This is the first maintenance release in the EVMS 2.5.x
series, and is primarily intended to fix some recent bug-reports, as well as
to update to the most recent kernel and Device-Mapper releases. The source
code package and sample init-ramdisk image for 2.5.1 are now available for
download at the project web site:
EVMS 2.5.1 is supported on 2.6.10 and 2.4.21 through 2.4.29 kernels.
Please see the INSTALL and README files in the 2.5.1 package for
installation instructions and other notes. I mean it. Really. There are
important notes about the new features that you need to read if you're going
to use them.
If you have any questions, find any bugs, or simply want to report success
stories, please send email to the EVMS mailing list (evms-devel@...)
or visit the EVMS IRC channel (irc.freenode.net, #evms).
- New features
- New MD superblock support (>=2.6.10 kernels only).
- Bug fixes
- Segfault when backing up metadata for a snapshotted volume.
- Device-Mapper version mismatch with older kernels.
- Correct "is-mounted" in the case when a volume has been renamed.
- Infinite loop during discovery when a RAID-1 or RAID-5 is syncing.
- Relax the PV size-check restrictions for LVM1 containers.
- Try manually loading a DM target kernel module if it's not found
when checking for target versions.
- Update evms_mpathd to work with the new dm-multipath table format.
- Change linuxrc to use the pivot-root method for mounting the root-fs.