From: Kevin Corry <kevcorry@us...> - 2004-12-21 17:57:42
The EVMS team is announcing the 2.5.0 release of the Enterprise Volume
Management System. This release includes new features and enhancements to the
2.x series. The source code package and sample init-ramdisk image for 2.5.0
are now available for download at the project web site:
EVMS 2.5.0 is supported on 2.6.9 and 2.4.21 through 2.4.28 kernels.
Please see the INSTALL and README files in the 2.5.0 package for
installation instructions and other notes. I mean it. Really. There are
important notes about the new features that you need to read if you're going
to use them.
If you have any questions, find any bugs, or simply want to report success
stories, please send email to the EVMS mailing list (evms-devel@...)
or visit the EVMS IRC channel (irc.freenode.net, #evms).
- New features
- Metadata backup and restore.
- LVM2 move-mappings.
- Minor updates and bug fixes
- Proper progress-indicator initialization in several plugins.
- Simplify several informational data structures.
- Reduce severity of some log messages to make them less misleading.
- Minor reordering of commit sequence to prevent segfaults in the
snapshot plugin's delete and deactivation code.
- Fix to the volume size calculation code.
- Overhaul of remoting code to get rid of several memory leaks.
- Fix problem with converting some systems from LVM2 to EVMS.
- Don't allow spaces in container and region names.
- Add a routine for the discard API.
- S/390 Segment Manager
- Fix bug with deleting multiple segments.
- Fix "format" plugin-function.
- BBR Segment Manager
- Fix potential seg-fault in deactivation routine.
- Fix forwarding of kill-sector requests during delete.
- Disk Plugin
- More detailed information for IDE disks.
- Support the new table string format for the latest dm-multipath kernel
module, along with the previous format.
- Updated documentation and kernel patches.