From: Kevin Corry <kevcorry@us...> - 2004-04-26 17:58:07
The EVMS team is announcing the 2.3.2 release of the Enterprise Volume
Management System. This is the second maintenance release in the EVMS 2.3.x
series, and is primarily intended to fix some recent bug-reports, as well as
to update to the most recent kernel and Device-Mapper releases. The source
code package and sample init-ramdisk image for 2.3.2 are now available for
download at the project web site:
EVMS 2.3.2 is supported on 2.6.5 and 2.4.20 through 2.4.26 kernels.
Please see the INSTALL and README files in the 2.3.2 package for
installation instructions and other notes. If you have any questions, find any
bugs, or simply want to report success stories, please send email to the EVMS
mailing list (evms-devel@...) or visit the EVMS IRC channel
- Bug-fixes for the 2.3.1 release.
- Fix minor deactivation bug. Engine was trying to deactivate volumes that
didn't have their own DM device, causing spurious kernel error messages.
- Fix seg-fault caused by a potentially uninitialized mutex.
- HA Cluster Manager
- Allow EVMS to use HA 1.0 or 1.2.
- Fix some memory allocation/deallocation problems.
- Fix activation problem caused by the kernel module not getting loaded.
- Snapshot-rollback bug-fix.
- Command-Line UI
- Improved method for displaying the CLI output, based on the width of the
- Add "replace" command.
- General cleanup.
- New test suite. See tests/suite/README for more details.
- Install plugins in /lib/evms/x.y.z/ instead of just /lib/evms/.
- Updated kernel patches and documentation.