From: Kevin Corry <kevcorry@us...> - 2003-12-11 16:22:25
The EVMS team is announcing the 2.2.1 release of the Enterprise Volume
Management System. This is the first maintenance release in the EVMS 2.2.x
series, and is primarily intended to fix some recent bug-reports, as well as
to update to the most recent kernel and Device-Mapper releases. The source
code package and sample init-ramdisk image for 2.2.1 are now available for
download at the project web site:
EVMS 2.2.1 is supported on 2.4.19 through 2.4.23 kernels, as well as
2.6.0-test10 and -test11.
Please see the INSTALL and README files in the 2.2.1 package for
installation instructions and other notes. If you have any questions, find any
bugs, or simply want to report success stories, please send email to the EVMS
mailing list (evms-devel@...) or visit the EVMS IRC channel
- Bug fixes for the 2.2.0 release.
- Engine: Fix compile bug when building on systems with NPTL.
- GUI: Fix a hang in the option window display.
- BBR plug-in: Use the Engine's read_object and write_object services.
- Disk and MD plug-ins: Fix definitions of BLKGETSIZE64, BLKBSZGET
- Filesystem plug-ins: Fix memory leaks.
- Drivelink plug-in: Fix discovery ordering issue.
- Snapshot plug-in: Change naming scheme for snapshot sibling object.
- Kernel updates.
- Update to device-mapper-1.00.07.
- Update to 2.4.23 kernel.