Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Choosing a webcam

Rameur
2011-10-22
2012-11-20
  • Rameur
    Rameur
    2011-10-22

Hello,

this is my first post here.

I discovered eViacam yesterday with a friend and I found it amazing. It could be very useful for me, since I suffer severe RSI for years. Thank you for your work ! :-)

I now want to buy a webcam that would give me the best results with eViacam, in terms of fluidity and pointing precision.
    I think eViacam author have tested many webcam models. Which webcam currently on the market would you advice ?

Thank you !

Rameur

• Rameur
    Rameur
    2011-10-22

A precision to my question : I mainly use Windows 7 64 bit.

Rameur

• In my experience, I've obtained the best results with high end Logitech models with glass lenses. A Webcam Pro 9000 is a good choice.

• Rameur
    Rameur
    2011-10-27

Thank you for your quick answer !

After reading some reviews, I found Logitech Pro 9000 has a very wide angle lens. Since I work quite far from my screen (about 75 cm), I wondered if my face would not be to small on the picture captured by the webcam to allow eViacam to work with the best efficiency.

What do you think ? Should I prefer a webcam with a narrower lens ?

And a last question : have you tested the current high end Logitech product, the HD Pro Webcam C910 ?

Rameur

• What do you think ? Should I prefer a webcam with a narrower lens ?/quote]

I've tested eViacam at 75cm with my Logitech Pro 9000 and it works fine for me. Of course, the bigger the image of the face, the more detail eViacam can extract for tracking.

And a last question : have you tested the current high end Logitech product, the HD Pro Webcam C910 ?

I haven't tried this specific model but it should work fine provided that:

i) Can work at 320x240 pixels (or similar)
    ii) Can deliver 25 or more fps

• Rameur
    Rameur
    2011-10-31

Thank you very much for your answer.
    Webcam Pro 9000 bought !

Rameur