Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Reading watched articles

upD8R
2007-09-24
2013-05-13
  • upD8R
    upD8R
    2007-09-24

I just compiled (for the first time) esniper from the latest CVS sources. The only thing I tried so far is "esniper -m".

This is the result:
    Enter eBay username: xxxxx
    Enter eBay password:

ItemNr:         130154784606
    Description:    König der Löwen 100  gutschein an allen Tagen

<div><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;rd=1&amp;item=130154784606&amp;ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&amp;ih=003">König der Löwen 100  gutschein an allen Tagen</a></div>
    Speicherzugriffsfehler

The last thing means "segmentation fault". Any ideas? It was compiled for (and on) an NSLU2, which runs Debian 4.9 and is an ARM device ...

I'm looking for a small ebay command line tool and I think esniper could do the job ;)

• Scott Nicol
      Scott Nicol
      2007-09-24

I've got to make this a FAQ:

Esniper is pretty dumb when it comes to dealing with the myEbay watch list.  You need to have the watch list setup correctly.  Go to myEbay, click on watching, then customize display.  The fields to display should be:

Current Price
      Shipping Cost
      Bids
      Seller ID

In that order.  No other fields.  Ensure all the check boxes are checked except the checkbox under "show related information".  Then click save.

• upD8R
        upD8R
        2007-09-24

That was a very quick (and correct) response. It works ...

Thanks, I'm going to test it further ...