Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Upgrade error

Help
Hillevi H
2013-01-14
2013-03-28
  • Hillevi H
    Hillevi H
    2013-01-14

Hi!

I recently upgraded to the latest version of ERP PCA Toolkit and I encountered an error message (displayed below) which makes me unable to run EP. I initially thought it was a Matlab problem, but I talked to the Matlab support who assured me it was a third party software problem. Does anyone know what this is?

Error using message
    Too many output arguments.
    Error in msgbox (line 248)
    OKHandle=uicontrol(figureHandle                             , ...
    Error in warndlg (line 46)
    handle = msgbox(WarnStringCell,DlgName,'warn',Replace);
    Error in ep_initEP (line 104)
            warndlg('See command window for warning message.','!! Warning !!')
    Error in ep (line 319)
        ep_initEP;

Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback

Thanks!

• Joe Dien
    Joe Dien
    2013-01-14

That's odd!  The command "warndlg('See command window for warning message.','!! Warning !!')" works fine on my computer.
    What version of Matlab are you using?  What operating system?

Joe

• Hillevi H
    Hillevi H
    2013-01-16

I am using Matlab version 7.14 (R2012a) and Ubuntu 12.04.

• Joe Dien
    Joe Dien
    2013-01-17

I'm not sure what the problem is.  I tried out the command on my own copy of R2012a and it worked fine.  I'm using a Mac so it might be a platform specific Matlab bug.  Anyway, my suggestion is to go back to Matlab support and ask them why the following command:

warndlg('See command window for warning message.','!! Warning !!')

isn't working on your copy of Matlab.  Try typing it directly into your command line first to verify that it isn't working for you.  Another possibility is that some other software on your computer is interfering.  Try removing everything from your Matlab path and see if this command is still not working for you.  Sorry I can't be more helpful on this.

Joe

• Joe Dien
    Joe Dien
    2013-03-05

Did Mathworks get you an answer? If necessary, I could put in a workaround for you into the next release.

Joe

• Isaac
    Isaac
    2013-03-07

Hi Joe,

I'm receiving a very similar error. I just upgraded to the latest version of ERP PCA toolkit (v2.35). I also installed the latest versions of FieldTrip and EEGLab. I am running Matlab 7.14 (R2012a) on Windows. When I click "Read" under the "Read Data" section of EP toolkit, I receive the following error:

Error using message
    Too many output arguments.

Error in uigetputfile_helper/parseArguments (line 106)
                dialog_title =
                getString(message('MATLAB:uistring:filedialogs:SelectFileToOpen'));

Error in uigetputfile_helper (line 33)
    [dialog_filter dialog_title dialog_filename dialog_pathname dialog_multiselect] =
    parseArguments();

Error in uigetfile (line 128)
        [filename, pathname, filterindex] = uigetputfile_helper(0, varargin{:});

Error in ep (line 2017)
                [fileNames, pathname] = uigetfile('*.*','Open:','MultiSelect','on');

Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback

Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edit: Isaac 2013-03-07
  • Joe Dien
    Joe Dien
    2013-03-12

I've been unable to replicate the error so I'm not sure how to fix it. I tried the command in question "[fileNames, pathname] = uigetfile('.','Open:','MultiSelect','on');" on a Windows computer running Matlab 2010b with no problem. Can you verify for me that you get this problem when you just type in this command in the command window? If so, could you then try removing everything from Matlab's path except for the Toolkit and Matlab itself and see if the problem still occurs?

• Joe Dien
    Joe Dien
    2013-03-12

also any chance you could try this out with Matlab 2012b instead of 2012a?

• Joe Dien
    Joe Dien
    2013-03-12

also, could you tell me exactly when the error occurs? Is it immediately or is it after you get a file requestor window and you choose the files you want?

• Isaac
    Isaac
    2013-03-28

I reinstalled the toolkit, EEGlab, and fieldtrip, and am no longer getting the error. Not sure what the problem was, but thanks for checking.