Error when trying to identify channels loading on particular PCA component

Help
Isaac
2013-03-28
2013-03-28
  • Isaac
    Isaac
    2013-03-28

I'm trying to identify the channels loading on a particular PCA component (loading > .6). When I select the spatial component PCA file in "Window", and select the component number under "Factor", I receive the following error:

Index exceeds matrix dimensions.

Error in ep_chanGrp>applyFactor (line 408)
            [theLoading biggestFac]=
            max(abs(EPchanGrp.work.group(EPchanGrp.activeGrp).factorData(EPchanGrp.work.group(EPchanGrp.activeGrp).activeFac).FacPat(chan,factorSelection))); 
    Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback

Note that I've tried getting the electrodes loading on a similar temporospatial PCA object and receive a similar error. Interestingly, I can get the electrode channels with high loadings on some other PCA objects, though, without a problem. Any ideas?

I am running Win 7 64-bit, Matlab R2012A, ERP PCA v2.35, EEGlab v11.0.5.4b, Fieldtrip v20130315.

Thanks in advance!

• Joe Dien
      Joe Dien
      2013-03-28

Send me the file and I'll fix it!

Joe

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 28, 2013, at 10:29, Isaac dadrivr33@users.sf.net wrote:

I'm trying to identify the channels loading on a particular PCA component (loading > .6). When I select the spatial component PCA file in "Window", and select the component number under "Factor", I receive the following error:

Index exceeds matrix dimensions.

Error in ep_chanGrp>applyFactor (line 408)
      [theLoading biggestFac]=
      max(abs(EPchanGrp.work.group(EPchanGrp.activeGrp).factorData(EPchanGrp.work.group(EPchanGrp.activeGrp).activeFac).FacPat(chan,factorSelection)));
      Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback
      Note that I've tried getting the electrodes loading on a similar temporospatial PCA object and receive a similar error. Interestingly, I can get the electrode channels with high loadings on some other PCA objects, though, without a problem. Any ideas?

I am running Win 7 64-bit, Matlab R2012A, ERP PCA v2.35, EEGlab v11.0.5.4b, Fieldtrip v20130315.

Thanks in advance!

Error when trying to identify channels loading on particular PCA component

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/erppcatoolkit/discussion/767176/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• Joe Dien
      Joe Dien
      2013-03-28

Looks like a bug that is triggered when there is more than one PCA dataset in the working set. I'm e-mailing you a fix and will include it in the next release (coming up soon). FYI - if you just want to see the factor loadings, use the PCA subpane of the Edit function. Sorry for the trouble!

Joe