Entrans with new features

El_libre
2008-12-07
2013-05-10
  • El_libre
    El_libre
    2008-12-07

Here it is entrans_trad 0.4 with tow new features: rank users (from Xunta's Galicia Mancomun-Forxa) and enable of translation all the system (by catmidia.cat) you can download a complete version at

http://catmidia.cat/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=53&func=startdown&id=458

Also you can translate that in your language translate the two files named lang.php and lang2.php

• Vigneswaran R
      Vigneswaran R
      2008-12-08

Thank you for your efforts. I will also look into it and get back to you.

vignesh

• Vigneswaran R
      Vigneswaran R
      2008-12-29

I went through the translation part. You have marked all the strings and defined them in the lang files. Isn't it difficult to update strings in various places? Instead of that if we place strings inside some specific function call which will return the translated text according to the current locale set in the entrans configuration.

eg.,

echo _t("Invalid input");

here _t() is the function for doing the translation.

Then, we can write a regular expression to get all such strings from the entrans application and put them as "entrans.po" file. Once the translation for a particular language is finished, we will create a file like, <locale_name>.php out of the .po file and which looks like the following,

trans_text["Invalid input"] = "Invalid input in another language"

Now, the _t() function will include the <locale_name>.php and get the correct translation.

This is what I am thinking, however I am not sure about the practical problems in it.

vignesh

• El_libre
        El_libre
        2009-01-07

Sorry , but I don't have any idea how to do it (I don't know how to compile, program,build or anything with php and other programming languages - I only can translate from/to english, spanish or catalan. Please, Is It anybody able to do that? Thanks ^_^

el_libre

• Vigneswaran R
          Vigneswaran R
          2009-01-08

It's ok. You know how to translate from/to english, spanish or catalan. That's great. This skill is very much needed in localization process. We will do the php coding part.

vignesh

• El_libre
      El_libre
      2009-01-07

Sorry , but I don't have any idea how to do it (I don't know how to compile, program,build or anything with php and other programming languages - I only can translate from/to english, spanish or catalan. Please, Is It anybody able to do that? Thanks ^_^

el_libre

• Aracnus
      Aracnus
      2009-01-09

Hi everybody,

In fact, is very simple to maintain an internationalization of an PHP application using the PHP Gettext. You may find a short explanation here:

http://zez.org/article/articleview/42

El_libre, do you have the Entrans with new features, but without your translation? I would like to work on it to add the gettext stuff. Where can I get it?

Best regards.

Frederico

• El_libre
        El_libre
        2009-01-11

You can download Entrans_Trad 0.4 with translation in catalan, spanish, and english (galician started) here:

http://catmidia.cat/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=53&func=startdown&id=458

• Vigneswaran R
        Vigneswaran R
        2009-01-12

It's great! I didn't know that. You can download the latest Entrans release and help us in internationalizing it. Thank you.

Vignesh