= Python-EFL 1.8.1 release =
We are pleased to announce that **Python-EFL** 1.8.1 is now released and available for download.
== Download ==
| **md5sum** | ca71f501c7e0479f15d2746380b0f81d |
| **sha1sum** | 93962e8269c89f708b967ad4d99028bff2a168f7 |
| **md5sum** | dafb875fbe7f5874ecf3db3cf351e1fe |
| **sha1sum** | 82b34b9336d517537b2a4032dff9d1e2de8b8dd8 |
For convenience the tarballs only contain intermediary C source generated from our Cython source, which is publicly accessible in our git repository at:
= Changes since release 1.8.0 =
Kai Huuhko (14):
- Elementary.general: Add missing enums that were documented but not added.
- Elementary.web: updates to work with the new webkit-efl snapshot.
- Use uintptr_t instead of long or unsigned long for handling pointers.
- Tests: Decrease verbosity and buffer the output when running full suite.
- Tests: Simple beginnings for Elm unit tests, enabled Eo tests.
- Force default visibility in CFLAGS.
- setup.py: os.environ.has_key -> os.getenv
- Documentation: Add missed versionadded entries, fix formatting.
- Elementary: Add missing smart callbacks.
- Add Python 2.6 compatibility, disabled one API method in evas.Image
- Tests: Removed expected failure from a test that now works
- Edje: Re-enable edje-edit.
- Update TODO
- Bump versions/years for release.
- Python-EFL: 5 new tests about Focus.
- unbroke the emotion example
- Try to fix evas SmartObject
- fix imports in elm tooltip example
= Building and Dependencies =
If you have existing Python-EFL or the old split 1.7 release bindings installed, you may wish to uninstall them before compiling and installing to avoid possible conflicts during install and/or runtime.
The bindings are compiled against the following libraries:
* python (Python 2.6+/3.0+, or PyPy (not tested))
* efl (1.8)
* elementary (1.8, optional)
* python-dbus (0.83+, optional)
The setup script detects your installed libraries and builds bindings according to those found.
To install the bindings run:
(sudo) python setup.py install
To generate the documentation locally you need:
* sphinx (1.0+)
* graphviz (optional)
To build the documentation:
python setup.py build_doc
For more information on available build options see:
python setup.py --help
= Projects using Python-EFL =
| Project | Website | Source |
| -------- | ---------- | -------- |
... and many more that cannot fit in this short list.