Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Option to turn off pop-up

Mike
2013-04-10
2013-07-25
  • Mike
    Mike
    2013-04-10

Would it be possible to make the pop-ups optional when you click on a message in Thunderbird that contains encryption?

I don't mean make it optional so it automatically shows the plain text without entering the pass phrase, but just so it leaves it encrypted until I manually click the "Decrypt" button.

I get a lot of messages where only part of it is encrypted & I don't need that part revealed every time I click the message.

Plus it would be less annoying when deleting a message & the next one has encryption in it, triggering the pop-up.

Thanks!

• Menu OpenPGP > Automatically decrypt/verify messages.

In case you don't see the menu option, go to OpenPGP > Preferences first, and click on "Display Expert Settings".

HOWEVER: this works for inline-PGP only. Due to the way Thunderbird works, it is currently not possible to manually decrypt PGP/MIME messages

• This behaviour really annoys me, so i did a ugly hack on 1.5.2 source to avoid it.

Patch is attached but its needed extract content of chrome/enigmail.jar, apply it then recreate the enigmail.jar.

Its not tested at all.

Attachments
  • Why don't you simply disable automatic encryption using the foreseen menu option (OpenPGP > Automatically decrypt/verify messages)? You will then simply have to click on the "Decrypt" button if you want to decrypt or verify a message.

• Its disabled, but still try to auto decrypt on PGP/MIME messages.