3.0 compilation

Girish
2007-03-25
2013-01-01
  • Girish
    Girish
    2007-03-25

I'm trying to compile Enblend 3.0 on Ubuntu Edgy 6.10. configure says it cannot find "GNU compatible malloc". And make gives the following:

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/cstdlib:122: error: ‘::malloc’ has not been declared
    /usr/include/boost/pool/pool.hpp: In static member function ‘static char* boost::default_user_allocator_malloc_free::rpl_malloc(size_t)’:
    /usr/include/boost/pool/pool.hpp:66: error: ‘rpl_malloc’ is not a member of ‘std’

Compilation fails. What is the solution? (Similar error has been reported on this forum before (on Fedora Core 6). But without replies.)

Reg.,
    Girish

• isolki
      isolki
      2007-04-07

It seems to be an autoconf problem :
      http://wiki.buici.com/wiki/Autoconf_and_RPL_MALLOC

• isolki
      isolki
      2007-04-09

Hi Girish,

I'm sorry, I was a little bit in a hurry when I wrote these few words.
      In fact, i had the same problem on Fedora Core 6 and the link I just gave you helped me to solve it.

Hope this could help,

Isolki

• Girish
      Girish
      2007-04-12

Thanks for that tip, Isolki. I tried that. And both configure and make do not report errors anymore. But the compilation doesn't terminate. It goes on and on for more than 50 minutes (I didn't wait any longer) and uses exorbitant amount of memory. Perhaps anybody could still suggest a solution?

Girish

• Seb
      Seb
      2007-04-13