Windows Vista Permission to Run

Troy Hirni
2009-08-04
2013-04-17
  • Troy Hirni
    Troy Hirni
    2009-08-04

Every time I try to open Crimson Editor 3.72 a Windows dialog asks me if I want to Allow this program to run. I have to click "Allow" every time I open a new file. It's a really great program, but I can't stand this annoyance.

• Franky
    Franky
    2011-10-16

I have the same problem with Win 7.  I tried replacing cedt.exe with the file you mentioned above, but to no avail.  I get the following error message when launching the program:

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

• Jean-F Jolin
    Jean-F Jolin
    2012-03-03

The above document http://forum.emeraldeditor.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3100.0;attach=832 contains incorrect side-by-side configuration.
    The following string is repeated twice inside the document:
    <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false"></requestedExecutionLevel>

The first  occurence of the string starts at hex address: 14D238.
    The second occurence of the string starts at hex address: 14D298.

The executable inside the above archive will perform just fine for Window 7/Vista
    if one of the two strings is <blanked> away. Thanks in advance for the corrected
    executable.