Emdros version 3.3.0 has been released, a year to the day after the
previous release, 3.2.0.
You can download binaries for Windows, Mac OS X, and Fedora 15, as well
as sources here:
Release notes appear below.
- *** RELEASE NOTES for Emdros Version 3.3.0 ***
As usual, binaries are available for Mac OS X, Windows(R), and Fedora
The Windows binaries have support for MySQL, SQLite 2, and SQLite 3.
They are built with Visual Studio Express 2008.
The Mac OS X binaries are Universal binaries running on Mac OS X 10.4
(Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), and 10.6 (Snow Leopard). They do not have
support for either MySQL or PostgreSQL; Only SQLite 2 and SQLite 3 are
supported in the Mac OS X binaries. You can compile the sources with
support for MySQL yourself, though, and possibly also PostgreSQL.
The Fedora binaries come with support for PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite 2,
and SQLite 3.
Release 3.3.0 has the following changes over 3.2.0:
- Experimental support for full text search was added (see manual
pages fts_indexer(1) and fts_harvester(1)). This support is
EXPERIMENTAL, and both the method of indexing and the API may change
in the future. Please do not write mission-critical systems with
this feature, unless you are prepared to face changes in the system
in the future.
- The RenderObjects and RenderXML features of the harvest library were
- General speed improvements were obtained.
- Support for building on recent Linux distributions was added.
- Support for building with Qt's qmake system was added.
The user should be advised that this is the last release which will
support Windows 98/ME. In the next release, support for these
versions of Windows(R) will be dropped.