I have released Emdros version 3.1.0:
The most significant update over 3.0.1 (the previous public release) is
that the long-standing "uncles and nephews" bug has been fixed. This
bug affected object references.
A slew of other updates have been applied. I copy the release notes below.
Binaries are, as usual, provided for Windows, Mac OS X (10.4 and 10.5),
and Linux. Sources are, naturally, also provided.
- *** Version 3.1.0 ***
This release has the following changes over 3.0.1:
- The long-standing bug, #1217003 on SourceForge.Net's Emdros bug
tracker, has been fixed. Basically, there was a design error in the
way object references were handled in topographic MQL. This could
sometimes lead to misleading and/or incomplete results.
- Bug #2021303 has been fixed. It said that in the Emdros Query Tool,
setting "option = quiet" in the config file would entail that one
had to resize the window to get any output displayed at all.
- The Emdros Query Tool is now able to save its output to HTML. When
the output contains trees, they are saved as PNGs.
- Added libharvest, which is a library for "harvesting" Emdros
- Added a JSON parser, used in libharvest.
- The Emdros Query Tool now doesn't display any tool tips, which users
wanted turned off.
- Object reference usages can now reference its own block. For
example, this is now possible:
[Word as w1
// Note how this references the same object for both features.
phrase_dependent_part_of_speech = w1.part_of_speech
- On Linux desktops, menu entries are added for the Emdros Query Tool,
the Emdros Chunking Tool, and the Emdros Import Tool.
- The Emdros Query Tool and the Emdros Chunking Tool are both
significantly faster at displaying results.
- The Emdros Query Tool is now able to display horizontal trees in its
- The Emdros Query Tool is now able to output results as a KWIC
concordance (KWIC = Keywords In Context).
- MatchedObject::getFeatureAsString() now returns a list of enum
labels rather than a list of integers when the feature is a list of
- The speed of GET OBJECTS HAVING MONADS IN has been improved.
- The TigerXML importer now is able to import *.ltcx files from
Linguistic Tree Constructor.
- gcc 4.3 is now supported.
- PostgreSQL version 8.3 is now the only supported version, on all
- Emdros can now be rpm-built on 64-bit Fedora 10.
- Emdros can now be built on x86 Solaris.
- RPMs now get the distribution identifier (e.g., fc9) in the RPM
- Python SWIG DLL on Win32 is now called _Emdros.pyd rather than
- On Mac OS X, both 10.4 and 10.5 are supported by the same binaries.
- wxWidgets 2.4 is no longer supported; only 2.6 and 2.8 are.
- On Mac OS X and Linux/Unix, non-Unicode builds of Emdros are no
- SWIG csharp is now able to use GMCS for .Net bindings.