EMC is software that implements real-time control of equipment such as machine tools, robots, and coordinate measuring machines. It runs in realtime under Linux with the RTlinux or RTAI patch. It provides a software PLC, and uses the HAL for flexibility.
Another set of exciting bugfixes:
* pop up a message when the right kernel isn't running
* halcmd will now show an error message instead of segfaulting when inadequate locked memory is available
* allow emc2-sim to be built on 8.04
* stepconf: fix "negative SCALE" problem reported by Christopher Purcell
* comp: fix bad C code generated from variable array declarations such as 'variable double output;'
* documentation improvments
* axis: "touch off" of rotary axis on metric machine
* hostmot2: Support all the PCI, PC/104-Plus, and EPP "Anything I/O" boards: 5i20, 5i22, 5i23, 4i65, 4i68, and 7i43. PCI users should switch from hm2_5i20 to hm2_pci driver.
* hostmot2 changes: Config changes required! pwmgen.scale now works as advertised; stepgen timing params are "u32 ns" instead of "float seconds"; and stepgens now have a .enable pin which needs setting.
* hostmot2 feature additions: Added PDM mode for pwmgen; PWM and PDM frequency are now settable by the user; implemented stepgen maxaccel and maxvel; support open-drain GPIOs; all GPIOs now have some representation in HAL (though the ones used by module instances are restricted); encoder improvements.
* Lots of hostmot2 bug fixes, mostly with pwmgen and stepgen. Thanks to all the brave testers!