Menu

Help on flashing camera of unkown IP

Bill R.
2005-03-01
2013-06-03
  • Bill R.

Bill R. - 2005-03-01

HI,

I inherited a camera from a someone who has left the company and have no idea what the IP address is. I downloaded the latest Knoppix CD and booted from it. The web page that is displayed keeps informing me that it can't find any cameras. I double-click on the icon to flash the camera but it lists about 4 or 5 ethernet ports to choose from. My box has 2 physical ethernet controllers in it. Which one do I choose? eth1 is the port that is physically connected to the same switch as the camera.

Any pointers here would be great.

thanks,
    Bill

• Sergey Khlutchin

choose eth1.
      Ports with ':' are aliases

• Andrey Filippov

Andrey Filippov - 2005-03-01

Hi Bill,

My records show that you received  camera with the optional serial board installed (there is a circular Hirose connector on the back) and cable. You can connect the cable to the serial port of the PC, run some terminal emulator (i.e. minicom) with 19200,8,n and get root console (where you can use ifconfig). All the boot messages are also sent there.

Andrey

• Bill R.

Bill R. - 2005-03-01

Okay, progress.

So, I've got a terminal connected via minicom and I've got the Knoppix CD running on another computer. I was able to manually change the IP address of the camera using the serial connection.

I attempt to connect to the camera with a web browser and I get the message "waiting..." and it never connects. The camera does respond to a ping, however.

I have also tried flashing the firmware by holding down the button as the camera powers up. Will the console output be different when the camera is placed into download mode? It doesn't seem to be any different from the normal boot. The process on the Knoppix computer never seems to do anything either.

Bill

• Andrey Filippov

Andrey Filippov - 2005-03-01

Bill,

When the camera is in download mode it will send nothing to the serial port and the left LED will stay off indefinitely. The flashing program should happily output some debug information (commands set, flashing status, verification) and then (after about 2 minutes of flashing with both LEDs on) reboot with the new firmware and default IP of 192.168.0.9

Normally you should continue to hold the green dot for a second or two after powering the camera - until the left LED goes on. If there is still no difference - open remove the back panel and  see that the microswitch is still there (it might be broken off if the green dot was pushed too hard with a sharp object (not a finger).

Andrey

• Esteban M. Correa

Hi,
      I had a similar issue with a 353 camera, fortunately I could get the ip address by a telnet session, but the camera doesnt respond in the web interface, then i proceed to reflash the camera with the live cd but this process never finish ...

i dont know how to diagnose the camera

best regards

• Esteban M. Correa

Hi,
      I had a similar issue with a 353 camera, fortunately I could get the ip address by a telnet session, but the camera doesnt respond in the web interface, then i proceed to reflash the camera with the live cd but this process never finish ...

i dont know how to diagnose the camera

best regards