From: Jason Fleischli <jason.fleischli@hp...> - 2009-10-30 21:32:17
3.12 is released and available for download as a consolidated tar
archive however download of individual source, and pre-built binary
files are also available. This release fixes some critical issues in
3.10 and major distros shipping elilo are urged to update to 3.12
* FIXES MAC CONSOLE ISSUE
* FIXES NETBOOT BROKEN
* FIXES EXITBOOTSERVICES FAILURE
* TEMP FIX INCREASE BZIMAGE LIMITS
CHANGES FROM 3.10 TO 3.12
Console patch contribution from Julen Blache @ Debian
thank you. ** ADDS MAC IA32 NATIVE BOOT SUPPORT (i.e. consplitter fix)
* Added additional #defines for debug levels to reduce the output noise
* Added Mac console patch rework from Julien Blache @ debian
this fixes the invisible console output from elilo on Macs
* Moved static ELILO_VERSION variable from elilo.c to elilo.h
so that elilo will print its version string and arch on startup.
* Fixed bug 2825044 ExitBootServices error handling, correctly deal
with changed memory map key if memory map changes from under elilo.
* Added memory map key to map debug output.
* Fixed bug 2874380 netbooting just flat broken. fixed ia64, x86_64
ia32, fixed handling of server side support of tfpt options (get file size)
elilo now attempts to get file size before attempting read of file
to set the buffers up correctly and deal with tftp servers that dont
support options extensions a little better.
* netboot, fixed bad blocksize handling
* netboot, fixed filename length for elilo-x86_64.conf type on tftp
* increased bzimage kernel max length sizes to 4mb on i386 and 8mb on
x86_64... this is a legacy design hold over from original design and
needs to be re-written to do dynamic size memory management based on
the size of the actual vmlinuz image, as ia64/gzip does.
HP - Linux Telco R&D | Support
Ft. Collins CO (970)898-0874