A list of test scenarios is useful when our developers return to test suite development after a hiatus. Such a list would also be useful in finding "holes" in the test suite's coverage.
Each test scenario description needs:
- A short name & ID
- A description of the point of the test.
- A list of tags.
- Links to the APIs being tested.
- Links to the implementation of the tests.
Investigate available tools for managing lists of test scenarios.
- One option would be to structure test case lists using XML or YAML. We could then create a tool that check these descriptions for syntactic consistency, and for other properties.
- Kwalify, a Ruby tool for YAML validation.
- Rx, multi-language suite for YAML validation.