Menu

Internal Error when submitting a user generated pkcs10Request via WS (but the cert is signed)

2014-04-08
2014-04-09
  • Jason Separovic

Jason Separovic - 2014-04-08

Hi,

I'm getting an INTERNAL ERROR when submitting a pkcs10Request via the Web Service.
    The request is for a user generated certificate, and EJBCA is actually signing it and setting the status to generated. I can go in and retrieve it on the next call, just wondering is this normal behaviour? I get the same error testing in nodejs and soapui.

02:41:03,840 ERROR [org.jboss.as.webservices.invocation.InvocationHandlerEJB3] (http--0.0.0.0-8443-3) Method invocation failed with exception: null: org.ejbca.core.EjbcaException
    at org.ejbca.core.protocol.ws.EjbcaWSHelper.getEjbcaException(EjbcaWSHelper.java:877) [ejbca-ws-ejb.jar:]
    at org.ejbca.core.protocol.ws.EjbcaWSHelper.getInternalException(EjbcaWSHelper.java:867) [ejbca-ws-ejb.jar:]
    at org.ejbca.core.protocol.ws.EjbcaWS.pkcs10Request(EjbcaWS.java:921) [ejbca-ws-ejb.jar:]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]

• Jason Separovic

Jason Separovic - 2014-04-09

Actually, I get the same error when calling getCertificate web service:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.ejbca.core.protocol.ws.EjbcaWS.getCertificate(EjbcaWS.java:2197) [ejbca-ws-ejb.jar:]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]

However, the public web works without issue.
    https://ejbca1:8443/ejbca/retrieve/latest_cert.jsp

• Jason Separovic

Jason Separovic - 2014-04-09

I figured it out.

I wasn't specifying the response type:
    pkcs10Request._arg4 = 'CERTIFICATE';

That did the trick.
    Thanks