The final release will be on Tuesday 25th November 2008.
There will be one more release candidate by the end of this week.
It's very important for the quality of the release that all testers keep
on testing every one of the release candidates (please no leaning back
now and waiting for the final release)!
What's new in eGroupware v1.6?
* Complete new implementation of the filemanager DMS by means of PHP
stream-wrapper and WebDAV, ACL control on directories and files - the
new architecture allows now uploading of big files.
* Implementation of new functions like multiple mail accounts and many
bugfixes in the email client.
* Extensive new features for the tracker-application: for example
escalation-matrix for tickets and automatic mail-conversion as a ticket.
* Improved calendar functions especially with recurring-events.
* Supplements and adaptations in the addressbook like appointment-view,
custom fields, distribution lists shown in the contact directly and in
the addressbook list, multiple categorization of contacts in the
* Improvement of the template functionality of the project manager and
* Many useful extensions and adaptations as well as bug-fixes in all
New in rc5:
* new theme for the 1.6 release
* massive bug fixes for SyncML
* many bugfixes, see http://www.egroupware.org/changelog
All package types are available via our download page:
- eGroupware 1.6 requires PHP5.1+ (recommended 5.2)
- release notes: http://www.egroupware.org/wiki/releasenotes1.6
- update/install instructions: http://www.egroupware.org/wiki/ManualSetup
- VFS update instructions: http://www.egroupware.org/wiki/vfsUpdate1.6
Director Software Development
[open style of IT]
Morschheimer Strasse 15
fon +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
fax +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
cell +49 (0) 170 7815917
Geschäftsführer Andre Keller, Nigel John Vickers,
Gudrun K. Müller und Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 12087