Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Using the library on a native file?

Help
2012-02-16
2013-04-24
  • Nilo R C Paim
    Nilo R C Paim
    2012-02-16

Hi All,

Can I create a "disk" on a native file (Linux/Windows) and access its contents as a FAT partition using efsl?

TIA,
    Nilo
    Delevoper - Brazil

• Alvaro Aguirre
    Alvaro Aguirre
    2012-02-16

Sure! The format function provided is for reference and uC use. I have used Linux and Windows to format SD using fat32.

• Nilo R C Paim
    Nilo R C Paim
    2012-02-16

Hummmmmm

Thanks for your prompt response, lino_utfsm!

I guess I wasn't clear in my question…

I want to create a native file and use it as a "disk", with its contents managed by efsl. My intention is protect some sensible files from the "outside" world. The users will need my software in order to gain access to the files I'll put inside this "disk".

Can I have some more hints about how to do that? C language is not a problem for me.

TIA,

Nilo
    Developer - Brazil

• Alvaro Aguirre
    Alvaro Aguirre
    2012-02-16

Ok, I got the idea. Unfortunately I can't help on that, sorry. Maybe Michael or Lennart can help here?
    If I need to implement something similar I should go with AES encrypted contents inside the file.

Greetings,
    Alvaro
    Chile

• Nilo R C Paim
    Nilo R C Paim
    2012-02-16

Alvaro,

You hit the target, my friend. Encription is on my list too, but I was going step by step…

Saludos de Brasil,
    Nilo