I have a Linux machine. Despite that it seems the only way to create and EeePC VMware image is to:
1) first create a VMware Xandros VM
2) then copy the EeePC ISO there (although I already had it on my PC)
3) then run vmware-convert to create the image inside the Xandros VM
4) copy the VMDK file out of the Xandros VM so I can use it in my existing VMware installation
Clearly steps 1, 2 and 4 are unnecessary and also a major pain to go through, especially creating the Xandros VM (takes a lot of time and disk space).
It seems all that is really needed to create the EeePC VMware image is:
* also helpful would be to have access to the SDK PDF
These elements are not readily accessible on the EeePC SDK CD (though I did find the xandros-asus-sdk-guide but not the other relevant package(s)). They are also not offered for download on SourceForge.
Yet this is what should be done; offer a tar file containing the EeePC SDK and nothing else, such that one could convert the EeePC ISO into a VMware image without incurring the overhead of a whole Linux distribution.