On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis <email@example.com> wrote:
Has anybody been successful building ECL from CVS trunk on Windows
32-bit using msys/mingw? For me it fails with:
My testing server has been in somebody else's hands for three months now. No server means no Windows for me. So I cannot really tell you what is the status right now since I am yet again installing Windows and reconstructing my original setup.
I started the week with an abundance of patience and hope for ECL on
Windows boxes, but it seems to be drying up very quickly.
- the windows 32 bit port worked. if something broke in the mean time and nobody reported it can be easily fixed
- mingw is a PITA and a patience drainer. just guessing what to do to have 64 bits is a waste of time.
- buidling just GMP with mingw takes well over 15 minutes on a virtual machine that builds ECL and everything using MSVC in under 5 minutes.
- if you do not feel comfortable with the current status of the port, instead of wasting your patience, report it and wait. not everybody has enough karma to face this ugly platform.
- I have been on holidays too and thus largely unable to investigate your problems with windows 64. things take time.
- no difficulty is insurmountable except death.
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)