Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

#57 ISO Latin Wiki text not rendered

open
nobody
Browser (6)
5
2008-10-10
2008-10-10
No

Writting Wiki text that contains ISO Latin chars are not rendered properly:

Wiki:
Hélo World

Browser:
Hélo World

The editor should use UTF-8 character encoding to support all languages

Discussion

  • Hi, I'll look into it but I think the character encoding is set by the IDE. Under preferences, General / Workspace there is a text file encoding option.
    Nevertheless, the html that is exported is set to UTF8 so I need to look at how to convert from the editor's encoding to UTF8, or create the editor with UTF8 encoding.

     
  • 13/09/2008:
    Well it seems my configuration: Window > Preferences > General > Workspace is set to "Other: UTF-8"

    On the other side my computer is in French language and all others plugins works correctly with these configuration. Some plugins have custom option to select "encoding" or "space instead of tabs".

    It seems the issue comes from the HTML renderer that break "é" because
    * swithching between editor is OK
    * saving is OK
    * rendering is KO

    I tried with HTML entities but still do not work.

     
  • More information:

    If I set on my file: Right Click > Properties > Resource > Text File Encoding to "ISO-8859-1" it works but it is not really cool ...

    My Eclipse version is 3.4.0