What Did You Like or Not Like?

2007-08-08
2015-01-26
<< < 1 .. 6 7 8 (Page 8 of 8)

• Anonymous
    2011-10-20

Thank you so much for the tutorial. It was very very helpful.
    Can you please make a tutorial for Ant in Eclipse ?
    I want to know how to create batch files or executable file once the project is done ?

• Kev Man
    Kev Man
    2012-03-14

I dont like that my interface looks a bit different than yours.  Im assuming im using a later version.
    I also dont like that you didnt answer the posts about section 3 Scrapbook not working for now 3 users.
    Im glad that it worked for everyone else, but it didnt work for me and im trying to get answers as to why.
    Rather than having people download the tuts, why not put them on YouTube so people can comment and possibly get some feedback to issues rather than a forum.  Forums are so 2004.

• Kev Man
    Kev Man
    2012-03-14

The scrapbook has a misspelling, it should be crapbook because of the crap it puts in the window if there are errors that you have to either keep selected or remember what appeared and select and delete or it will crap out again.

Im used to the Output window in Flash, which i also like better because its not messing with the code i am trying to work on.

• Kev Man
    Kev Man
    2012-03-15

Line numbers are very helpful in keeping things organized and navigated to exactly what you are referring to when you say, "and well just copy some code…"(from lines 12, 13, and 14).

• Kev Man
    Kev Man
    2012-03-16

Your "trick" in lesson 16 about the System.out.print.ln does not work in later versions of Eclipse.
    It creates a while loop.  In fact, the keyword, "System"  isnt even available to me when i use your trick.

Eclipse's code assist is way too bloated.  There are about 20 assertEquals() entries that only do 2 different things.
    You either need 2 or 3 parameters for the comparison, so you only need 2 entries in the code hinting.  One for 2 parameters, and one for 3.

I learned very little about how to use Eclipse and even less about Java itself.

At least it was free.  I guess you get what you pay for.

• Thanks for the tutorials, Mark! Five years since you post them and they are still useful and a success.

• Dexter,

I'm new to developing with eclipse and java and I must say, your tutorials have been extremely helpful!  I like that they are short in length, but have useful topics covered.  I now feel more comfortable playing around in eclipse and discovering new functionality after finishing the eclipse workbench tutorials.  I'm still working through the java tutorials and plan to go back through them and just listen and watch the tutorial instead of working along with them in order to ensure that I have a complete understanding of the materials covered. 

My one suggestion for improvement would be to change the intro music. =^)

Thanks so much!
    Brett

• Hello and Thank-you dextercowley,  I found your tutorial on the total beginner very, very useful. I was able to follow along, pause, learn short-cut key-strokes, and if my typing following was in error I was able to check the code pages in the accompanying pdf file. You are a very thorough teacher, instructor,mentor,etc.  Thank-you for an obviously thoroughly well prepared tutorial, Ray.
    P.S. I am new to java and Eclipse and have a past experience with visual basic programming from 6-8 yrs ago.

• Kevin Bartlett
    Kevin Bartlett
    2012-04-03

Just finished lesson 6. REALLY finding these useful! Was reluctant to start a video tutorial because I didn't think I'd get much out of passively watching some guy's mouse pointer flicking around the desktop while he mumbles. But the narration is clear, and the pace is just right (with occasional pauses of the video) to follow along with the tasks being performed. Looking forward to lessons 7 through 16!

• Kevin Bartlett
    Kevin Bartlett
    2012-04-03

Oh, and don't listen to bengalmagick…I LIKE the intro music. It reminds me of NPR's Car Talk!

• hello,
    Great tutorials indeed! Fantastic work. Any chances of you doing a similar "Eclipse for total beginners in C++"?
    thanks a lot!

• Mark Dexter
    Mark Dexter
    2012-12-14

Thanks for the kind words. All of my recent work has been with PHP, so if I do any new tutorials it will likely be in that. Good luck. Mark

• Thanks for the tutorials. I went through all 16. They were helpful for a beginning OOP and java programmer like me. I appreciate your efforts. Great work!

• 11wykessam
    11wykessam
    2014-04-11

This series was absolutely great for me as a beginner in programming it made perfect sense and you explained how object orientated programming worked perfectly, have you done another series because if you do I would be very interested for further tutorials on graphics etc.
    Thanks for everything!

• Mark Dexter
    Mark Dexter
    2014-04-11

Thanks for the kind words. All of the tutorials I did for Eclipse and Java are here: http://eclipsetutorial.sourceforge.net/index.html. Good luck with your programming work. Mark

<< < 1 .. 6 7 8 (Page 8 of 8)