Is there a totalbeginner.zip file ?

2011-12-14
2015-01-26
  • Sarit Dobrin
    Sarit Dobrin
    2011-12-14

I finished the total beginner course and it was great. thank you.
    Now, I want to do the persistence course, and I want to practice everything too. My problem is that while watching the total beginner slides, I didn't use the eclipse at all. Now, I want to do it, but I don't have the files you created on the total beginner course. is there any way I can get the total beginner zip file, just like the persistencetutorial.zip ?

• Sarit Dobrin
    Sarit Dobrin
    2011-12-15

Maybe I wasn't clear. I meant the actual classes you created and all of the "wet" part of the beginner course. I want to be able to run the actual Java files.

• Mark Dexter
    Mark Dexter
    2011-12-15

There are code snapshots for each lesson in the PDF document here: http://eclipsetutorial.sourceforge.net/Total_Beginner_Companion_Document.pdf. Is that what you want? Otherwise, I'm not sure what you are asking for. I don't know what "wet part of the beginner course" means. You can copy/paste the Java code from the PDF doc. Good luck. Mark

• Sarit Dobrin
    Sarit Dobrin
    2012-01-13

Hi,
    Sorry I was unclear about what I missed. I was talking about the 'mylibrary' files. I watched the beginner tutorial doing nothing but listening, and when I got to the persistence tutorial, I didn't have the java files I thought I need. Anyway, I went over the beginner tutorials once again, typing and running as I went along, making sure everything was getting into my head through my fingertips :)  The only thing I didn't manage to run was the scrapbook. I got an error message: "Evaluation failed: internal error - unable to obtain an execution context". I looked it up, and seemed to be an old version bug, but I am running JVM 1.6.0 .. do you have a clue? other than that, everything was smooth. Thanks a lot !