Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

XML highliting

dimitri_p
2007-11-15
2013-04-09
  • dimitri_p
    dimitri_p
    2007-11-15

Thank you for great tutorials!
    I have one question. Ich have not XML highliting. Why? Dimitri

• Mark Dexter
      Mark Dexter
      2007-11-15

Hi Dimitri. Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what you mean by XML highlighting. Are you talking about the Eclipse XML Editor? Please let me know more specifics and I'll try to help you figure it out. Thanks. Mark

• dimitri_p
      dimitri_p
      2007-11-15

sorry :) my english is very bad. I mean xml syntax highlighting in eclipse. If i open the xml-file in eclipse, all words are black. For example: <people id="6">. In your tutortial "<people" is green, "4" ist blue. In my eclipse only black. Dimitri

• Mark Dexter
        Mark Dexter
        2007-11-15

Hi Dimitri. No problem about English. It sounds like you might not be running the Eclipse XML editor. Do you have the Design and Source tabs in the lower left corner of the edit view? If not, you are probably opening the XML file with the Eclipse text editor, which is why you don't have XML syntax highlighting. If you go Help / About Eclipse Platform / Plug-in details, you should see a plug-in name of "XML Editor". Do you have that? Thanks. Mark

• dimitri_p
      dimitri_p
      2007-11-15

It's the same problemm in Forum "Eclipse installation"! Maby i need an other distribution of eclipse...

• dimitri_p
      dimitri_p
      2007-11-15

Not, i have not

• Mark Dexter
      Mark Dexter
      2007-11-15

Which version of Eclipse did you install? If you use either of the first two here it should include the XML Editor.

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

Otherwise, you can add it using the Update feature. Thanks. Mark

• dimitri_p
      dimitri_p
      2007-11-15

I have Eclipse SDK Version: 3.3.1 (classik)

• dimitri_p
      dimitri_p
      2007-11-15

I take now Eclipse IDE for Java Developers. It has XML-Editor

• dimitri_p
      dimitri_p
      2007-11-15

Thank you very match! Dimitri