is it possible to connect to a portable H2 db?
Yes. You cann connect any DB providing a JDBC-Driver.
Here's the way to go.
Add a new driver configuration for H2 database:
- GoTo: Settings / SQL Explorer / JDBC Drivers
- click Add to open New Driver Dialog
-Choose a name for the Driver (H2), Set Example Url (jdbc:h2:~/test), Select 'Extra Class Path' Tab, click Add JARs and select your H2-jar (h2-1.3.152.jar), then click List Drivers. In the Driver Class Name boy should be selected org.h2.Driver. Click Ok
- You should have a new Driver in the list marked with a green check mark
Create a Connection Profile
- GoTo: SQL Explorer Perspective
- In the Connection View click on Create new Connection Profile
- Choose a name (h2), select your newly defined driver, URL should be jdbc:h2:~/test, as User set 'sa', check AutoCommit, click ok
Now you are ready to open your connection. :-)
Don't forget to start your H2 database before trying to connect.